Now you can enjoy full talk time when you recharge your mobile the next time. Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) has issued new tariffs and directions for pre-paid subscribers. According to Trai’s new directions subscribers will have to pay an administrative fee of Rs. 2 on every recharge with other applicable taxes.
The few yet relevant changes made by Trai include:
- Subscribers can now freely move from pre-paid to a post-paid connection without any migration fee.
- Considering the expansion of rural market operators will have to provide information on tariff reductions or any important information in the local language of the given area.
- Consumers will not have to pay a migration fee to enter into an unlimited validity plan or a new lifetime validity plan anymore.
- Lifetime customers will have the advantage to recharge only once in 6 months.
- The best part is that Trai has even cut down on the ‘black out or promotional days’ days (days when discounted calls and message or even discounts do not apply) to five days in a year.
With all these changes prepaid phones surely seem like a treat for both urban and rural subscribers. But the decisions rolled out by Trai have not gone down well with telecom operators.
New and existing subscribers can enjoy full talk time from September 15.