With something new coming around, something old has to die.
Not too long ago, it had been reported that Google introduced a few changes to suit their search engine preferences. Thanks to these new settings, the entire aspect of Search Rankings has lost its purpose mainly due to the fact that there will be no term as a consistent Google Ranking.
In fact, what users now see in their Google Search results for any query is actually two different sets of results arising from the following criteria:
- Search results that are personalized based on our very own search history.
- Search results that have been influenced on the basis of the search histories of our friends
- Localised search results
- Mentions of brands on web pages and in social media
- The query will have results will also include some images, news, videos, products and other such types of results along with some freshness and some diversity
- Also there is the fact that there are changes made to the algorithm around 500 times a year
Apart from all this, Google has also started up an Integrated Universal Search Model. What? Why?
This only confirms the death of the uniform ranking system that was based on the links.
With the evolution of the Google web search as well as the Search+, there will be further changes that one will see being added to the search results and its prioritisation.
The Search Ranking System was highly dependant on consistency. Now that there is no reference to that factor at all, there is no possibility of search engine rankings. So what we have now is known as Search Engine Placements. Yeah, I know…